Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Thrill of the Hunt!




Mike and Matt are leaving in the morning for an elk hunt in the mountains of New Mexico. I gave Mike a book a few years back which I have read several times (who knows whether he has or not) entitled "A Look At Life From a Deer Stand!" The author says " Planning for a multi-day hunt is a process that can occupy the thoughts, conversations, and even the daydreams of anyone who enjoys big game hunting!" As you can see Mike has been planning and packing. I am happy for them to have the opportunity to spend time together and I love seeing Mike actually getting excited about something! Ha! He always packs his Bible which shows the kind of man he is and for which I am thankful!
I just had to make some "Two-Handed Cookies" for the trip. When the kids were little and we would go on vacations, ski trips, etc. I always made these cookies for the trip. They have 9 cups of oatmeal and 2 1/2 cups of peanut butter so I always felt like at least we were getting something good for us when I knew our eating habits were going to less than desirable. They make a pretty good breakfast and probably as good for you as some granola bars! I'll post the recipe if anyone wants it. I guess this whole blogging thing has made me rather nostalgic!
Maybe we can post the big elk when they get home! Have fun guys!


3 comments:

Mindy S said...

Matt is going to be so pumped when he sees those cookies! That makes it a real vacation! I'm excited for them too and I'm planing our Chicago trip as we speak :)

bettystable.blogspot.com said...

Looks like they are "ready to roll"! Hope they have a fun and safe trip.
Good job on your blog.
bjs

Lori said...

Sounds like they had a great time! I was hoping Matt would come home with some of those cookies we all love so much, but no such luck!

Followers