Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sunrise and Coffee

"Morning by morning new mercies I see, All I have needed Thy hand hath provided. Great is Thy Faithfulness Lord unto Thee!"





Over the past year or more I have enjoyed reading my friend Leeann's blog so much and as I have watched all the entries of happenings in her life, I began to realize even more how swiftly the years go by! Therefore, I decided to try my hand at this blogging thing and with the help of my "techie" friend Cathy, I think I may have it. I think it will be fun as I have begun to think of all the things to blog about. Webster says a cache "is a hiding place for storing and preserving provisions." So I guess I will try to preserve and record a bit of my life in my blog. I am reminded of Tevye in "Fiddler on the Roof" as he sang "Sunrise, Sunset, Swiftly fly the years, one season following another, Laden with happiness and tears. Is this the little girl I carried? Is this the little boy at play? I don't remember growing older When did they?"





One of my favorite things now that my life is not so involved is to come back from my workout in the morning, (yes before sunrise) sit in my sunroom with my coffee, my Bible, and the newspaper. I took this picture one morning of the sunrise as I sat soaking it up and marveling at the beauty of the earth. I told God "Today I think you just have outdone yourself!!!" (Quote from my sister-in-law) Sooooo beautiful! Every sunrise is a new beginning full of God's mercies and faithfulness.

At this season in my life crafting and cooking are not priority but surely I can find some things to record and preserve each day!

2 comments:

Mindy S said...

Yea I'm glad to see you are blogging and I love the name very creative. I'm excited to see how the retired spend their time :) J/K I know Dad's a slave driver! However pretty I think the sunrise is rest assured when I'm retired I won't be up watching them!

Haley Bird said...

I have always been able to appreciate a beautiful sunrise, but more often I see sunsets! He truly did out do himself! Amen sister!

Followers