Monday, November 3, 2008

You might be a redneck if .........










Well, the guys returned home from the big elk hunt each with an elk. On the day of return I was glad not to be here as raw meat (from any source) makes me gag! I think they had it all over my patio and kitchen but did a great job of cleaning up. Mike has decided to do a skull mount with his so he had to figure out a way of getting all of the meat off the skull. (too much information I know) However, being the resourceful person he is, he proceeds first to build a fire on a concrete slab in our backyard and place a 5 gallon bucket full of water on it and boil this elk head in the bucket. When he realized keeping the fire hot enough might require some diligence he then proceeds to a hot plate and a five gallon bucket. I have spared you the pictures of the skull actually in the bucket with the horns sticking out but rest assured it was unusual and obviously won't do much to help my yard make the Southern Living backyard edition! (Ha!) He worked silently off and on for two days but managed to get it cleaned up so it is now off to the taxidermist here! Thank God he doesn't do that for a living! Matt has pictures of the two of them with the elk so will have to get that to post. I guess it is a guy thing!
Okay, I can't get the bottom picture to delete~ Someone tell me how to do that~




4 comments:

Mindy S said...

That's just sick and wrong! :)

Haley Bird said...

Sounds like ya'll are getting the whole redneck thing down! :0)
That entire process sounds pretty gross although my curiosity wants to see the head of an Elk boiling in water! ewww!

Mrs. Cannon said...

Mom and I are always looking for something new to try, but... Yeesh! We'll stick to cooking and crochet. Glad your guys had a good time though.
Tip for removing a picture: Log in to your blog and click Edit Posts near the top of the window. A list of posts will appear. Click "Edit" beside the post you want to change. That post will then open as if you had just created it. Click once on the picture you want to remove (to select it) and press the Delete key. Don't forget to click the Publish button after all changes have been made. We hope that helps.

Jen Kemp said...

Yes! I love a little un-refinement here and there just to keep us all humble and real! I'm like Haley - I'd kinda liked to have seen it!

Followers