Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Quick Fall Getaway















Mike and I took an unexpected trip last week for a couple of days to Eureka Springs, Arkansas, in hopes of seeing some remaining foliage as well as a quick road trip. We both had been there many years ago and could just remember bits and pieces. We enjoyed walking the narrow streets stacked on top of each other. All of the Victorian houses, old hotels, quaint little shops, and variety of interesting people, many of which are artists, naturalists, etc. made the outing an adventure as well as relaxing. We enjoy road trips and spontaneous ones seem to be the best.


We do enjoy traveling and being with each other but the shopping sign just said it all for my time in those cute shops! Oh well, I don't need any more stuff but always love to look!


4 comments:

Mindy S said...

Looks like you guys had fun!

Haley Bird said...

The leaves are sooo pretty! I wish they would turn those bright colors way down here in Mexico!

Mema said...

I loved all the pretty pictures and especially the one about the warden! A nice place to visit.

Jen Kemp said...

You know I went there on my first honeymoon - haven't been back since. Looks pretty, and know you had fun! Love the sign!

Followers