Thursday, June 11, 2009

Things are buzzing in America's Hometown!


























This post is for those of you who think nothing ever happens in this little town! First, we are scheduled to be the sight for a movie starring Jessica Alba which will begin filming next week. Last week the staging crew was in town and it was fun to watch all the things they did as they are getting downtown ready for filming. Some of the changes include a new name for the cafe and painting on the windows of several businesses with fictious names. We go to work out early in the morning and the crews were out and about painting. It is to be set in the "50's so it is interesting to see the changes and attention to detail. Several locals have parts as extras and were fitted with costumes last week. I think I'll try to sneak in the back door of the barber shop while they are filming.







On Monday of this week we had over 700 bicyclist in town as they are touring across Oklahoma. The park looked like a sea of tents and people were out walking around all over town late in the evening. We visited with several and enjoyed hearing about their trip. They started in Duncan and will end in Kiowa, Kansas. Parts of it sound fun but heat, wind, hills, and showering at schools or campgrounds doesn't appeal to me! I want to do a bicycle tour but I think stops at cute bed and breakfasts sound more to my liking!














5 comments:

LeeAnn said...

I really wanted to take a picture of all the tents on the elementary lawn one morning before summer school, but I figured they would think I was some kind of stalker. I'm glad you did it.

Jen Kemp said...

Wow! Exciting stuff! Why didn't you try to get a part as a extra? Thanks for updating us on Cordell happenings!

Haley Bird said...

How cool! Do you know the name of the movie??

Cindy's Cache said...

Yes! It makes me sick to say! "The Killer Inside Me!" So much for America's Hometown!

Jen Kemp said...

Well, you know, Steve got a little part in a movie here in Mckinney several years ago, and it was "Murder in the Heartland". One day, a lady said "I could have swore I saw Steve in a movie on Lifetime last night", and I had to confirm that she did, indeed!

Followers