Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rainbows and Stargazing



Miracles in my backyard! Sometimes in the evening especially after a shower just before the sunset it peeks out of the clouds for just a few minutes and looks as though a spotlight is on the courthouse! I love the view! I have taken many pictures because it is just amazing but none really do it justice! One night this week a rainbow appeared directly above the courthouse as well as the spotlight effect. "To God be the glory!"



This week has been really fun in town and I am ashamed to say how much time I have spent with my binoculars sitting in the barbershop, on the benches around the square or just on the street corner. The movie is called "The Killer Inside Me" based on a novel from the 50's. Casey Affleck, Simon Baker, Kate Hudson, Jessica Alba are all in the movie. Casey and Simon have been in town staying at the Bank Lofts. The girls have not been in town they are already "killed off" that sounds terrible! Many locals were cast as extras and they were decked out in the fashionable attire of the 50's. Several friends were lucky enough to actually get their picture with Simon which I was glad to see so I would know who I was "stalking" during the filming! Ha! Last night stayed in town until after 1:00 a.m. watching for the final scene. My camera is not good enough to get the pictures of people at a distance but I did get a few car pictures during actual scenes. Next movie in this town I'll be in line to audition for an extra! Too fun!









Got out of the car at Simon's last night and behold a double rainbow! Just had to share it.






1 comment:

Jen Kemp said...

Wow! A great week all around, with entertainment from above and here below! I have seen very few double rainbows in my life - thanks for sharing! Love the shots of the film scenes.

Followers