Tuesday, June 30, 2009

In his niche!







Our good friend, Mark, has worked in the oil field many years and we have always been interested in his work. He worked overseas for a long time and we always thought we would make that trip to visit him but didn't happen. Now he is working not only in the states but Oklahoma as a consultant for Devon! So Sunday night after church we grabbed Marla and away we went to Mark's rig which is located close to The Cherokee around Geary, Oklahoma. I have never been on a rig although I have driven past them many times and wondered about the process! Amazing!




We took some sandwiches and dined in Mark's executive hacienda and then donned hard hats, boots, gloves, and safety glasses for the grand tour. Aren't we cute? I know the crew has always wondered about Mark but I am sure we all left a grand impression!
It was so interesting and Mark is so knowledgable about the whole thing as he started and has worked his way up doing all of the jobs on the rig! This night was beautiful but I can only imagine the wind, cold, ice, heat, etc. the men face! Not only was this an educational and fun evening but a special time with two very special friends. Thanks Mark!

4 comments:

Haley Bird said...

Wow you ladies look sexy!!! Love the boots! I am glad you were able to take a tour of the rig! It is pretty amazing how anyone ever figured it all out!

Mindy S said...

Nice outfit! :) That is very interesting!

LeeAnn said...

Interesting. I'm curious.

Jen Kemp said...

Great field trip! I got to go on several rigs during my running around years and always found it interesting as well. Daddy took me to my first one, where Bill Stowers was working.

Followers