Friday, April 17, 2009

Stitches, thumbs and other craziness!

Strange things happen! Yesterday I was washing one of the glass bowls I had the geraniums in for the shower and it actually came apart in my hands. Two pieces exactly! It was as though someone sliced it at the base. I was so shocked at first I didn't even see my hand cut. I guess the way I had grasped it by the base when it split my hand slid onto the other part. After a trip to visit my doctor friend and a dozen or so stitches it looks as though the tendon in my thumb was severed as now I can't lift my thumb! Crazy!!! It is amazing how much you use your thumb! SO looks like I will get to have a bit of surgery and hopefully they can tie that tendon back together! At least I still have one! It was one of my favorite Southern Living bowls too! Always expect the unexpected! However, I did manage to get my nails done today! Ha!

3 comments:

Mindy S said...

Thank God you got your nails done because people are going to be looking at your hands for the next few days! :) I'm sorry that happened how freaky! Hopefully they will be able to repair it easily! If you play this just right I think you could get some more flowers out of the deal! :)

LeeAnn said...

Ouch! That looks like it hurts! I'm thinking the manicure was a good thing too!

Haley Bird said...

Oh my goodness! That is freaky!! I hope everything turns out ok! Your nails are beautiful, a nice watermelon color!

Followers