Sunday, February 22, 2009

Spring is on the way!

I am so excited! The daffodils are coming up and about to bloom, tulips and iris are popping through the dry soil, and lo and behold these sweet little crocuses are blooming! Mindy took art lessons from Evelyn Diffendaffer a well known artist from this area for several years. I think it was therapy for all of us. We remember going to art lessons and taking a stroll with Evelyn through her garden and hearing her comments such as "Look at this sweet little thing! Such a delicate little bloom!" or "Aren't these just precious?" As as took a walk through my yard today instead of looking at the mountains of work needing to be done I chose to just marvel and enjoy "these precious little blooms" and work another day! Spring is coming!! YES!

4 comments:

Mindy S said...

They are very sweet little flowers! I love spring and can't wait for everything to start blooming!

LeeAnn said...

Just after publishing a similar post of my own, I checked your blog. Great minds think alike. Isn't tomorrow your birthday?

Jen Kemp said...

I took from Evelyn, too, and enjoyed every minute of it. Your crocus are beautiful, as are your comments! Life is a blessing every day and I read a quote from Shakespere the other day that went something like this: The whole world is singing, if you have ears to hear it. Lord, grant that I, and those I love, hear the singing today!

Haley Bird said...

I hear the singing!! Sweet Spring.

Followers