Thursday, February 19, 2009

Just bury me in the islands!















We had a great time on our cruise to St. Martin, St. Thomas, Grand Turk! I am sure that in heaven there are white sand beaches, crystal blue water, bright, warm sunshine, palm trees, and beach chairs!!! Doesn't the song say "We'll meet on that beautiful shore!" We just enjoyed and relaxed! Each port we either took a taxi or walked to the beach! We spent a couple of days in Ft. Lauderdale before leaving and really enjoyed seeing all of the beautiful yachts and homes. Public transportation there includes a water taxi which navigates the many canals with a bunch of stops. It was fun to ride awhile and then get off and look around then hop back on to another stop! One of the things we really enjoy about cruising is meeting people from all over the world. Each night we had dinner with some new people. Many Canadians and Northeasterners on this trip I am sure trying to escape the cold! People are as a general rule very nice and interesting! You do however met a few cantankerous souls who are way too pampered in my book! If you are not happy on a cruise I am thinking you are just not happy! As for me, I am thinking cruise ship instead of nursing home!

5 comments:

Haley Bird said...

Oh how beautiful! Looks like ya'll had a great time!

Mindy S said...

Oh it looks so pretty! I'm glad you guys are able to go on vacations and enjoy the world! I'm available if extra travel companion is ever needed! :)

jaredwanzerphotography said...

I love me some beach! :) So glad you have a blog!!

LeeAnn said...

Looks like fun.

Jen Kemp said...

Color me green with envy! Looks like such a good time! Glad you got to go.

Followers