Monday, December 1, 2008

Vicki's Chicken Riggie's

Last summer when we visited Vicki she served many delicious meals but one which I loved was Chicken Riggie's. I understand they are native to Central New York especially the Utica area. Anyway, I knew my family would love them so instead of making them have turkey and dressing at least twice since they visited both parents, on Friday I fixed the riggie's. They were a hit! The girls wanted me to post the recipe but I failed to remember to photograph my food! Ha! Vicki had the beautiful Gail Pittman Southern Living pasta bowl which made them look great! I just had a flat clear glass bowl which worked okay. A good salad, some french bread and what a meal!

Vicki's Chicken Riggie's

Saute' the following:
1 stick real butter
1 red onion, minced (white is fine)
3 garlic cloves, minced

24 oz jar roasted red peppers in olive oil
5 sliced cherry peppers mild or hot

Then add the following:
1 cup parmesan cheese (Optional)
2 lbs. boneless cooked chicken, cubed
1 can chicken broth
1 can tomato sauce (she uses the ones with Italian seasoning)
1 jar Alfredo sauce

Add cooked rigatoni before serving and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
(I actually doubled the recipe and used two bags of noodles. )
May be prepared in advance then just heat and add cooked rigatoni.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

LeeAnn said...

What kind of alfredo sauce do you buy?

Mindy S said...

Good thing I rarely cook because I would be wanting to cook this every night! It was delicious I can't wait to make it for everyone.

Cindy's Cache said...

Not a specific one. I think whatever I can find because I had never bought any before I made this dish.

Haley Bird said...

How do you cook the chicken?
I know the first meal I am going to cook once I get my kitchen back!!! Yummola! Anything with a stick of butter and a jar of alfredo has to be deeeelicious!

The Snippy Bride said...

Chicken Riggies are delicious! If you are ever in Central New York in April, you should visit Utica for Utica's Riggiefest, www.riggiefest.org. Its a "cook-off" between local restaurants. The one voted to have the best riggies wins the "Riggie Cup". Its a blast and a great chance to try a dozen variations of the same great pasta dish. This year's event is April 25!

Followers